HGT PRECISION QUALITY
We have the word Precision in our company name because that's what we do, it’s part of our DNA, and it's this that defines us in the marketplace.
For the design and build of our sequential gearboxes, we have accessed the very best gear designers from Switzerland who have been in the business for 94 years spanning four generations.
They make gears and technology for Formula 1, Formula 3, Le-Mans race teams and supply OEM gearbox technology for the race-spec Audi R8.
You’ve heard that nothing runs like a Swiss watch, and once you've seen, heard and experienced an HGT Sequential Gearbox, you’ll understand why the Swiss have become so famous for getting things right!
- Where we use aluminium alloy, we’ve chosen the best 7075-T6.
- Where we have a choice from different formats of alloy, we’ve chosen heat-treated billet.
- Where we could have saved money and sand-cast our cases, we’ve chosen CNC milling.
- Where we could have saved money on cheap bearings and sensors from low-cost countries, we sourced branded components from European and British manufacturers.
- Unlike some of our competitors, the Heat Treatment of all components used in HGT Gearboxes is in-house. This provides total control over the process giving us all you peace of mind. It's great to not have to double guess or hope and pray that outside suppliers have got it right.
- As part of the ISO 0001-2008 accreditation that the factories have, there is a core range measuring equipment that is necessary to ensure manufacturing processes are being consistently maintained
- All testing is carried out in a temperature-controlled metrology room, as metals expand and contract based on the ambient temperature. The equipment used in the Quality Control of every HGT Precision gearbox measures Gear Profiles, Runout, Co-ordinates Measuring, Surface Finish, Hardness and Toughness.